Wednesday, February 7, 2007

What the F*&% inspires you

Can someone please explain me this one. What does it mean to be inspired by Judaism? More importantly, why would a girl ask a friend/ chavrusa of mine (once in a while im a good jew and learn) this kind of question? I would really like to hear her views on this matter. I would like her to send me a detailed 30 page thesis explaining what it is about our religion that truly inspires her. I think Judaism is a pretty cool religion. If I was born a catholic, would I be equally inspired by the religion I was born up with? This topic is too complex as it is and probably deserves its posting, but certainly not a question I want my potential mate asking. The same girl who states that learning Mishna berura is not considered learning, she wants to go out with a guy who can make wicked ass laining in gemarah. I would like to know what exactly she is learning. How is she contributing to the jewish religion. Does she say 5 paragraphs of tehilem on the train while staring at all the guys? That doesn’t count.
Ok, so I take it she is probably way to frum for me and is looking for a super religious guy, im fine with that. But, I am told she has 2 earrings in one ear. What is up with that? Am I crazy for thinking that this girl is totally confused? They seriously have to realize they can’t look for something beyond their reach. Why would a gemarah, white shirt kind of guy go out with a girl like that? Those guys will certainly be turned off by the not so halachkly correct of having 2 earrings. Anyone have any ideas?

6 comments:

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Why is a girl having earings not halachically correct? It may be lack of tznius but what halacha is it violating. Also there are plenty of learned guys who may not be yeshivish who may not mind a girl like this. Lots of times there are more modern girls who are very inspired by religion don't have to be so yeshivish to be inspired. Good topic of discussion. I can't say I am inspired by this religion, that is way too general. There are specific things in the religion that inspire me. There are specific times I am inspired. Like this week a shiur I heard inspired me very much and put me on a high.

ggggg said...

interesting, but what does the amount of earrings in her ear have to do with it GemaraKup?

Jacob Da Jew said...

I think the issue is more that she is a girl.. Chicks can get weird, dude.

Notsofrummie said...

In reality, the gemarah aspect and wearing the 2 earrings are not totally related to each other. But, it says some thing about a girl who has 2 earrings one ear and who she is trying to attract. Why would a yashivish guy want a girl who does that. i actually find it quite sexy.

Anonymous said...

I am all about belly button rings. Maybe an eye ring. No prince alberts for me though

Anonymous said...

i know, why are all these random girls pretending they go for learning guys=stop the madness