Friday, February 16, 2007

Frum firm gets busted in real estate scam

So on the 11 a clock news on channel 7, they had a story about a real estate scam. And who else would the story be about? But a frum real estate firm, where every single person in the office was wearing a big fat velvet yalmuka or a long skirt from long island. I don’t know much about real estate or appraisals of properties, but im pretty sure what they were doing weren’t all that legal. You see this house, owned by black people may I add, was worth 400 thousand dollars and this frum firm told them it was only worth 325 thousand. Not only that, the firm promised to relinquish the mortgage which is not allowed from any bank. Regardless of the actual illegal fraud that was done against the poor people, it was done by very religious jews. I know theres bad apple in all walks of life, but are we not supposed to have higher moral and standards? Don’t call yourself frum if your going to do crap like this, it makes me look bad. Once again, I am embarrassed to be frum.
See for yourself - http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=local&id=5039349

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stories like that make me want to regrow my foreskin. I actually caught the promo, which gave me a serious vomit feeling.

Anonymous said...

yes it is very sad. but dont throw out the baby with the bath water. they are bad but that doesnt make judaism and orthodox or charedi judaism bad

Anonymous said...

" frum" is a lifestyle choice unrelated to any type of committment. It's a comofort to mesh with your community, parents, realtives and friends. Speaking of friends we were invited to a shabbos meal by some people and we are walking over, I mean how would it look? ( see what I mean?) Shababt Shalom

Jacob Da Jew said...

nasty bitches