Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Has the flatbush snobs all moved to the 30's?

Has the 30’s become the new 20’s in Flatbush? Have the same obnoxious people from the 20’s integrated into the 30’s or is there a new breed of assholes? I used to go through the 20’s en route to the 30’s and dreading it. I used to never receive any form or greeting or even a nod of recognition that I just said good shabbos to you, or that I am in fact a human being; a human being who is not wearing an Armani suit and a black hat. Now it’s the reverse.

It had recently occurred to me that the 30’s are now worse than the 20’s. Maybe I just got so accustomed to their attitude I don’t even view it as assholeism. While walking in the area this weekend, I was pleasantly surprised of the good shabbos I was getting while walking in the 20’s. That all stopped once I reached Nostrand ave however. There was like a devil waiting there with a stop sign and diverting all the assholes into the thirties. Not one implication that I actually existed over there. Isn’t this the ‘new’ cool neighborhood where all the newly married folks are moving to where houses are under a million dollars? Someone suggested the idea that these people are the children of the 20’s. Then ill be damned to say that their children are now bigger snobs than their parents. Maybe it’s the proposition that the children will one day take over daddy’s business, then once they have enough money will move back into the twenties. The cycle of life, I see.

6 comments:

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

I know lots of ppl are moving to the 30's because it's cheaper, didn't know they were snobs, oh well what can you do it's BKLYN lol.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for not saying Good Shabbos to you. I didn't realize you were Jewish with the cigarette in your hand.

My bad. Next time I'll invite you in for some cholent.

Notsofrummie said...

Socialwrker- The above posting proves my point to the average abnoxious snob who thinks hes funny by quoting that. Hes just another person from the 30's.

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Hmmm, gotcha or it was of course just staged for the fun of it lol.

Michelle said...

Yes, I think it's the children of the people in the 20's. There are also different types of snobs. Since Rebelliousness is cool, there's a whole breed of young marrieds who are snobby because they think they're so cool. YUCK.

Anonymous said...

i hate walking to my friends in the 30's, u feel like ur being stared up and down, that leaves the question- why r my friends living there??