Tuesday, January 23, 2007

i deserve a seat on my train

This has nothing to do with frumness or anything Jewish, just a rant. Being a law abiding and tax paying citizen, after a long day of work I would like to relax in a seat on the train. Rather, not being barely knocked over on the train by an illegal immigrant from behind so she can get the seat before me. But excuse me, the MTA is funded majorly by government dollars, my tax money so that we can get travel to and from work in NY (at least the tourists are pouring in billion of dollars into the economy and have a lot more respect when entering the train). Don't I have so much more right to a seat after a day of work than someone who jumps the border and don't pay taxes. I'm all for them coming here and living the American dream, but remember who's paying taxes and who's country their living in.

No comments: