Thursday, August 2, 2007

Korn vs Tu B'av party

The last time I went to the Bangitout Tu B’av party was around two years ago. Since that time, I've had less interest in going to the way over hyped, full of themselves clique event of the year. This year instead I checked out a free Korn concert in lower Manhattan. That’s right--I chose a few thousand blue collared, tattooed, long haired, and smelly head bangers over a few hundred middle aged snotty foxy yids.

I was able to get a date the first time I attended the party, but was unsuccessful the year after. If you’re not aware of how it works, everyone gets a sticker with a unique number with your name on it and then you are SUPPOSED to put it on your shirt where other people (usually those of the opposite sex) can see it. Then if you like that person you write down their number, and if you both write their number down, well, you will each be contacted by the parties organizers the next day or so.

That sounds like a great idea, but many people hide their numbers or don’t wear their sticker. I remember the first time I was there I somehow ended up being with someone who knew someone, with this totally unattractive overweight older woman. But her sticker was covered by her hair. I told her that it was blocking the number and people are not able to see it if they want to approach you.

She nonchalantly replies, “It was placed like that strategically.” Is she serious?! Did she actually think I was interested in her, or does she think that too many people are going to go after her? None of that was going to happen! If you’re going to an event like this, you should appear as if you’re out there to meet people, and not think your some obnoxious bitch. Another line I always love hearing is when a girl says: “I don’t do these things, I’m just here to help out my friend.” Was she ashamed of being single? If you’re at the party at least try to attempt to have a good time and be honest.

Somehow, I find Korn fans a lot more honest than those Bangitout people. If you were at the party this year or previous years, I would like your hear your input as well.

8 comments:

Jacob Da Jew said...

I've never been to the "Bangitout" parties but they looked pretty lame.

The girls looked way too sober and the guys..well, you get the picture.

Korn concert? Cool, you go home with any wild goth chicks? GRR.

Anonymous said...

Those parties have always made me feel depressed for some reason. Maybe its just the feeling of being surrounded by a huge amount of people who you totally don't relate to in anyway, despite the fact that you share the same religion.
As for the girl who blocked her number, why is it always those who have the least to offer think so highly of themselves? Maybe it’s a defense mechanism. But I just don't get it.

residency year sucks said...

nsf maybe it was a ploy the fat chick was using to get the menschen to take a better look at her body

Anonymous said...

Hey residency, from what i understand, it wasn't that hard to see her body in the first place! hehe, yay for cruelty!

Notsofrummie said...

JDJ - my first year at the party, they gave 2 free drinks with every admission, as a way to get everyone alittle bit tipsy, and i guess make people more interesting to talk to. they have lowered it to 1 free drink - way too little to have any impact.

It was quit easy to see her body, people from the GW bridge were complaining shes blocking the view of the city. The number and name on her shirt wouldve helped; by distracting people from her her obesity would make the guys focus on her number.

Ro said...

I would have to agree from what I hear the Bangitout parties are a snooze fest. At least the people at the Korn show look like they are having a good time.

jenn said...

I cant believe i missed a Korn concert- and a free one at that :(

oakleyses said...

polo outlet, replica watches, louis vuitton, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, air max, sac longchamp pas cher, prada outlet, jordan pas cher, tiffany and co, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin pas cher, polo ralph lauren outlet online, prada handbags, nike outlet, christian louboutin uk, michael kors pas cher, oakley sunglasses, nike free run, cheap oakley sunglasses, nike air max, longchamp outlet, gucci handbags, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses wholesale, tiffany jewelry, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, burberry pas cher, nike roshe, jordan shoes, christian louboutin, louis vuitton outlet, uggs on sale, ugg boots, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, replica watches, nike air max, longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin shoes, longchamp outlet, tory burch outlet, christian louboutin outlet, polo ralph lauren, ray ban sunglasses