Sunday, April 15, 2007

Engaged girls with out rings?

Ok, so I hate to admit I don’t approach girls as often as I should. I guess that can be a combination of my shyness and fear of rejection. But yesterday, I tried to overcome my fear and defeat my shyness. As I was davending or at least being in shul where I was suppose to be davending, I couldn’t help but notice a nice young girl on the other side of the mechitza. After davending ended, I still couldn’t help but notice, she appeared to be alone. As I watch her make her way downstairs and into the Kiddush, she was still alone and kept and looking back at me. So, I’m like, that’s it. I approached her and started chatting her up. Like 10 minutes into our conversation, she breaks the news to me that shes engaged to a chasidshe guy and her fiancé has an aufruf somewhere. I’m thinking, she’s here alone in shul and enjoying our conversation, either shes lying or something is up with her and her fiancé. I then said, sorry I didn’t see a ring on your finger, and she said she left it home because she wanted people to come over to her because she was scared of being at a kiddish alone.

Her telling me this news didn’t stop us from talking, we continued on for another 20 minutes or so till I walked her back home. I asked if its ok to walk her, people may think something is weird, she responded something to the effect that I can be her cousin. Also to confirm that she wasn’t making stuff up, I asked my brother if he knows this guy she is suppose to be marrying in June. He does. Until the next girl I approach, hopefully that one won’t be engaged.

11 comments:

someone said...

i think what she did was bs. maybe she just wanted to know that she still has what it takes...kinda selfish IMO. oh boo hoo i'm at kiddush alone? big f-ing deal. didn't she get that ring so she would actually wear it?

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

That is a very weird sounding story. It just doesn't sound right. Great you got the courage finally and too bad it ended up this way. You got a good tale to tell to your fellow bloggers at least:)

Jacob Da Jew said...

What a bitch. Thats such a misrepresentation. Rings are for a reason.

I wear a wedding band myself. I choose to do so mostly out of pride but also so them babes don't get the wrong idea when I'm helping them in the shop.

Good luck hooking up.

Jacob Da Jew said...

Are you going to respond to comments made on the blog?? You seem to have stopped for the last several posts.

Notsofrummie said...

I apologize Jacob... either she is a bitch and likes to play with people. Or maybe her relationship with this guy aint going all smoothly and wants to see if there is better stuff out there.. i feel bad for the guy. his fiance is out there socializing with single guys..

Anonymous said...

She sounds like a liar to me.

Anonymous said...

thats sooo cute! u walked her home? such a gentleman, im impressed

jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jenn said...

Speaking from a regular(ish) brooklyn girl...sounds a bit wierd, but on the other hand what should she have said...like he says "hi" and she goes "hi btw im engaged"...its a little awkward too. walking home seems a bit much and the cousin comment was classic BY High School, but talking to him and being engaged is fine...maybe she could set him up with someone she knows.
btw sometimes takes awhile to get the ring
Also mad kudos to u, notsofrummie for putting urself out there and approaching a girl...I wish more guys were like u!

Notsofrummie said...

Thnks Jen for encouragement, I wish i did what i did more often. Re the ring - she has a ring but chose not to wear in order to meet more people. It was done on purpose.

jenn said...

whoa!! That is mad shady...i feel bad for her